Let our 95+ years of experience help you obtain a fresh financial start.
Treasure Valley Bankruptcy Attorneys
Providing Skilled Legal Guidance for Debt Relief in Boise & the Surrounding Area
If you are struggling with debt, you are not alone. Many people across the country find themselves in the same position, which can be a frightening experience. If you are considering filing for bankruptcy, you need to know that you have legal options to help you get debt relief. At Avery Law, we offer experienced legal guidance to residents across the Treasure Valley area who are considering bankruptcy.
Our law firm provides skilled bankruptcy services throughout Idaho, including the following communities:
What Is Bankruptcy?
Bankruptcy is a federal law that allows individuals and businesses to obtain debt relief from creditors. There are several types of bankruptcy, including Chapter 7 and Chapter 13. Chapter 7 bankruptcy allows individuals to liquidate nonexempt assets in order to pay back some of their debt. A debtor who files for Chapter 7 is typically discharged from any remaining unsecured debt, such as credit card debt, medical bills, and personal loans.
However, not everyone qualifies to file for Chapter 7. If you have significant assets or a regular income, you may be better off filing for Chapter 13. In Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you will work with a bankruptcy trustee to restructure your debt and create a repayment plan that allows you to pay it back, usually over three to five years.
Some of the benefits of filing for bankruptcy if you are struggling with overwhelming debt include the following:
- Debt Discharge: For those eligible, a successful bankruptcy filing can lead to the discharge of certain unsecured debts, such as credit card bills, medical expenses, and personal loans. This means that you are no longer legally responsible for paying them.
- Automatic Stay: Once you file for bankruptcy, an automatic stay is implemented. This stops most creditors from collecting debts, preventing wage garnishments, foreclosures, and debt collection calls.
- Asset Protection: Depending upon the type of bankruptcy you file and your state’s exemption laws, you may be able to safeguard your property, such as your home or car, from being taken to pay your debts.
- Credit Score Improvement: While bankruptcy will stay on your credit report for several years, it also eliminates many overdue debts, offering a fresh start to rebuild your credit over time. Our firm also pays for a one-year credit repair service for participating clients.
- Financial Stress Reduction: Not being constantly pursued by creditors and having a plan to manage your debt can greatly reduce stress levels, improving mental health.
Are You Eligible to File for Bankruptcy
Several factors determine whether you will be able to file for bankruptcy. For example, if you have significant income or property, you may not be ineligible to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Instead, you may be required to file for Chapter 13. You must take a means test before filing to determine which type of bankruptcy you qualify for.
Another factor influencing your eligibility is if you have previously filed for bankruptcy. If you previously filed for bankruptcy within the past eight years and had your debts discharged, you may not yet be eligible to receive a discharge again.
Regardless of your situation, it is always recommended that you consult with a bankruptcy attorney, like ours at Avery Law, to help you determine which bankruptcy filing you may be eligible for and whether filing is in your best interests.
Let Avery Law Help You
If you are interested in filing for bankruptcy, you should not delay. Once the process has started, strict deadlines must be adhered to, and missing these deadlines could prevent you from receiving debt relief. The experienced Treasure Valley bankruptcy attorneys at Avery Law can help you determine if you are eligible to file for bankruptcy and help you file your bankruptcy petition before the deadline.
A bankruptcy attorney can assist you in several ways to determine whether filing for bankruptcy is the right decision for your situation:
- Evaluate your financial situation: An attorney is equipped to thoroughly analyze your financial status, including your assets, debts, and income, to ascertain if filing bankruptcy is the best course of action.
- Discuss alternatives: If bankruptcy isn't the most suitable option for you, a knowledgeable attorney can explain other debt relief options and help you understand what may be a better fit.
- Guide you through the process: Filing for bankruptcy involves complicated legal procedures and paperwork. An attorney can help you with all of this.
- Represent you: If your case goes to court, an attorney can represent your interests and help advocate for you.
To discuss your debt relief options with experienced bankruptcy attorneys, contact Avery Law online or call (208) 285-2085.
From beginning to end, this was a much more pleasant experience than I ever imagined thanks to all of the helpful and caring ...- Chuck
The bankruptcy case went very smooth and I was impressed at how easy John made the whole process.- Bankruptcy Client
Thank you for all your help through these trying times.- Bankruptcy client |
Averylaw handled my case very professional my financial situation was were this was my best option Averylaw gave me the best ...- Steven & Tammy L.
Going through a bankruptcy is never easy. A person's self worth feels like crap and having to enter the world of owing people ...- Former Client
Ryan made a very difficult process manageable. He always put us first and helped us navigate this difficult process with ...- Former Client
Thanks John! The work you did for us was painless and your fees were very reasonable. We will do business with you again.- Former Client
Because of my situation I was very nervous to meet with anyone. John made the process as simple as possible. Not only did he ...- Bankruptcy Client
We Want to help you get your life back! so we have partnered with 720 CreditScore program to help you start your journey.