Let our 95+ years of experience help you obtain a fresh financial start.
Coeur d’Alene Bankruptcy Attorneys
Fighting to Help Our Clients Defeat Debt Through Bankruptcy
No one wants to be stuck in a cycle of overwhelming debt. Our team at Avery Law realizes it can be frightening, stressful, and embarrassing to deal with and attempt to address a personal debt crisis. That is why we focus on compassionate, individualized care that has helped thousands of our clients defeat their debts and find a fresh financial start. We are prepared to assist you in numerous types of financial crises, from dealing with creditor harassment to helping you manage student loan or credit card debt. Our lawyers have the knowledge and experience to assist in finding a legal solution to your problem and get you on the road to financial freedom.
Our Coeur D’Alene bankruptcy lawyers can assist you with the following types of bankruptcy:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy – can liquidate assets to help discharge unsecured debts, ideal for low-income consumers . This type of bankruptcy can also shut down a business operation.
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy – used by businesses and business owners to continue to operate through a financial organization
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy – can reorganize your debts into more manageable payments consistent with your current disposable income, ideal for high-income individuals
We also offer legal assistance in other areas of debt and financial relief. Our lawyers can help you with creditor harassment, credit disputes and errors, Fair Credit Reporting Act issues, foreclosure defense, pre-bankruptcy asset protection/wealth preservation, and tax debt relief. We strive to be able to assist you in all areas of debt and financial relief!
What Debt Can I Discharge?
You may have heard that going through Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy as an individual entitles you to discharge debts. While this is true, so long as you keep to the terms of your bankruptcy – in Chapter 7, that means liquidating assets, while in Chapter 13 it means keeping to your court-approved payment plan – but, typically, only unsecured debts can be discharged. Unsecured debt refers to things like credit card bills, medical bills, and business debts.
However, there are some types of debts that cannot be discharged through bankruptcy, including:
- Student loans
- Most Tax debt
- Unpaid child support and alimony
- Penalties or fines incurred for breaking the law, including drunk driving
- Most debts owed to County Indigent Services
If the majority of your debt falls into one of the above categories, filing for bankruptcy might not be the right choice for your situation. In such circumstances, we are still able to evaluate your situation and find possible solutions for relieving your debts.
How Will Bankruptcy Affect My Credit?
There is no getting around it: Bankruptcy has a negative impact on your credit score. Chapter 7 bankruptcy will remain on your credit report for 10 years, while Chapter 13 bankruptcy will stay for 7 years.
HOWEVER, AVERY LAW IS THE ONLY LAW FIRM IN IDAHO WHICH ENROLLS ITS CLIENTS IN A ONE-YEAR CREDIT REPAIR SERVICE THROUGH 720CREDITSCORE.COM- A PROGRAM DESIGNED TO HAVE A CLIENT (WHO CAREFULLY FOLLOWS THE PROGRAM) REACH A POST-BANKRUPTCY CREDIT SCORE OF 720 IN ONLY ONE YEAR! Through such program, you can begin the process of rebuilding your credit as soon as you file.
Some basic ways you can immediately begin improving your credit score include:
- Paying your bills in-full, on-time
- Obtaining and maintaining a retail or secured credit card
- Monitoring your credit report for irregularities
- Employing other types of credit
Why Our Clients Trust Us
For over three decades, our team at Avery Law has helped clients manage bankruptcy filings, resolve credit disputes, and save homes from foreclosure. Our clients recognize that we boast excellence in our legal knowledge, experience, and professionalism, leading to our achieving favorable outcomes in thousands of cases.
There are may reasons to choose Avery Law. Our firm:
- Has successfully filed over 7,000 bankruptcies
- Successfully files and completes more bankruptcy cases in Idaho than any other firm
- Has been in business helping our clients since 1985
- Has been awarded “Excellent” Avvo ratings in areas of experience and professionalism
- Is committed to giving our clients personalized, empathetic legal care
- Offers enrollment in the 720creditscore.com credit rebuilding program to help you recover from consequences of debt
Get Started on Your New Financial Future
Bankruptcy law and the associated procedures can be frustratingly complex and difficult to understand. Our Coeur d’Alene bankruptcy lawyers can help review the details of your financial situation to determine if you qualify for bankruptcy and strategize on how to relieve your debt as effectively as possible. Our team has over 95 years of combined experience, and we are committed to putting our abilities to work to achieve a favorable outcome for your case.
From beginning to end, this was a much more pleasant experience than I ever imagined thanks to all of the helpful and caring ...- Chuck
The bankruptcy case went very smooth and I was impressed at how easy John made the whole process.- Bankruptcy Client
Thank you for all your help through these trying times.- Bankruptcy client |
Averylaw handled my case very professional my financial situation was were this was my best option Averylaw gave me the best ...- Steven & Tammy L.
Going through a bankruptcy is never easy. A person's self worth feels like crap and having to enter the world of owing people ...- Former Client
Ryan made a very difficult process manageable. He always put us first and helped us navigate this difficult process with ...- Former Client
Thanks John! The work you did for us was painless and your fees were very reasonable. We will do business with you again.- Former Client
Because of my situation I was very nervous to meet with anyone. John made the process as simple as possible. Not only did he ...- Bankruptcy Client
We Want to help you get your life back! so we have partnered with 720 CreditScore program to help you start your journey.